This is a guest post by Candace Hubbard.
First let’s start with an explanation of exactly what “green cleaning” is. To put it simply, it is the cleaning of carpets, upholstery or tile using the same certified ways that carpet cleaners always do, but using “green” chemicals instead of other potentially harmful chemicals. These are biodegradable, non-toxic and a whole lot safer for you and your family’s carpet cleaning care. Here are some ideas of how carpet cleaners take care of your carpet and tile using green friendly products.
What Can Be “Green” Cleaned?
You can have your carpet, upholstery, tile and grout, marble, granite and other stone green cleaned without any problems. The company you choose should follow these methods for your carpet cleaning care:
- Use a pre-cleaner treatment to help loosen dirt and ground in stains.
- Your furniture, sofas, chairs can all be cleaned using green products that don’t pollute the environment. Just be sure that your carpet cleaner uses certified green cleaners before tackling these items or your carpet. They will all come out just as clean as if you used one of the more popular, or less environmentally friendly brands of cleaner.
- Even the dirtiest tile on your floor can be cleaned to look shiny brand new by using products safe for the environment, so don’t worry that these products aren’t up to the job.
If you suffer from allergies you might think that you need to use a special product that might not be totally kind to the environment, but this isn’t true. Your carpet and tile etc, can be treated with hypo-allergenic products that do no harm whatsoever to the environment.
- Be sure that your carpet/tile cleaning service is using a product that is guaranteed by the maker to be hypo-allergenic yet green.
Treating Your Tile
You don’t need to hire the carpet cleaning kings to blast the grease, grime and dirt out of your tile in an environmentally safe way. Sometimes smaller companies are greener than the larger ones. They may also be willing to work more and try harder to meet your needs.
- The company you choose should not use any acids, or harmful chemicals or even scouring brushes. And a powerful steam cleaner should be used on your tile and grout. It’s also a good idea to have your grout sealed after it is cleaned and there plenty of green products available to do that.
It really doesn’t take much energy or expense to keep your carpet and tile clean and green safe. It doesn’t require the services of large companies who advertise themselves as thecarpet cleaning kings. You just have to search for the companies who care enough to try and protect the environment. If a company is dedicated to this then they will have the products and skills you need. As long as you do your part in seeking them out, these companies should be able to give you the service you expect.
Candace Hubbard is a freelance writer who has done interviews with companies like carpetcleaningkings.com.au and other companies responsible for tile and carpet cleaning care. She has researched the topic of green cleaning and written about it extensively.